Complaints Procedure

How to Report A Complaint?

First and foremost, you need to contact us and let us know the part of service we provide which has been unsatisfactory for you. You can report this to us by email, or in writing by post.

We will aim to deal with any issues immediately however, if this is not possible then your issues will be escalated to a director who will investigate further.

Our address is: 1 Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU

Our phone number is: 01223 414400

Our email is: – If you put in the subject “COMPLAINT PLEASE FORWARD TO DIRECTOR” then the email will be forwarded accordingly.

What Happens Next?

When we receive your complaint, we will:

  1. Send you written acknowledgment within three working days which will outline who is responsible for investigating the issues raised.
  2. Gather as much information as possible and liaise with colleagues involved to establish all facts.
  3. Send a detailed response within 15 working days, informing you of the outcome and ask if the suggested resolution is satisfactory. If we need more time to resolve your concerns, however, you will receive written explanation for the delay.

All complaints are kept confidential and will be dealt with in a fair and unbiased way. If we do not hear from you within 8 weeks of our response, we will assume the matter has been resolved and the complaint will be closed.

Should you have any concerns in the meantime however, please contact the member of staff whose name appears on the letter of acknowledgment.

Still Not Happy?

After receiving our response, if you feel the complaint has not been fully addressed, please let us know and we will aim to resolve the matter for you.

Your concerns will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and your complaint will be passed to an alternative, more senior member of staff for consideration.

Where possible a final response will then be issued within 15 working days. If we are unable to respond within this timescale, we will contact you to let you know when we anticipate a resolution, and inform you of your right to appeal to a third party.

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, we would advise that you contact our independent redress scheme.

The Property Ombudsman Ltd
Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP

Translate »